key website & SEO statistics
- 74% of people access the internet every day. (Source: The Connected Consumer Survey)
- On average, people use more than four connected devices. (Source: The Connected Consumer Survey)
- Most websites lose half of their visitors while loading.
- Google is responsible for 94% of total organic traffic.
- 70-80% of search engine users are only focusing on the organic results. (Source: MarTech)
- The opportunity from organic search is nearly six times that of paid search ads. (Source: New Media Campaigns)
- 30% of consumers won’t consider a business without a website.
- 97% of consumers go online to find and research local businesses.
- 63% of consumers primarily use a company’s website to find and engage with a business.
- 75% of people have judged a company’s credibility based on its website design.
- A single bad experience on a website makes users 88% less likely to visit that site again.
- 75% of B2B buyers say website content significantly impacts buying decisions; and 62% can finalize purchases based on digital content alone.
- The average B2B buyer now makes an average of 12 online searches before interacting with a vendor’s website, and they are already 57% of the way through the buying process before they want to speak with a sales representative.
- Even for industrial and manufacturing companies—67% of purchases are influenced by digital; additionally, half of all B2B customers expect a supplier’s website to be a helpful channel, and more than a third expect the site to be their most helpful channel. (Source: Think With Google)
- 46% of B2B buyers will leave a website if it’s not immediately clear what the company does, and 37% will leave because of poor navigation or design.
Mobile website optimization is a must
- 50 percent of B2B search queries are made on smartphones, a figure that is expected to grow to 70 percent by 2020. (Source: “How mobile is reshaping the B2B landscape for growth")
- 75 percent of smartphone owners turn to search first to address their immediate needs. If your brand doesn’t show up when relevant terms are searched, it will miss out on potential customers. (Source: "Consumers in the Age of Assistance")
- 82 percent of smartphone users say they consult their phones on purchases they’re about to make in a store. (Source: "How mobile has redefined the consumer decision journey for shoppers")
- Of those who search, nearly 4 in 10 search only on a smartphone in an average day. (Source: "How people use their devices")
- 53% of mobile site visitors leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load. (Source: Think with Google)